Poor Man’s Crab Cakes
- 10 oz. can tuna fish
- 1/2 C. white onion finely chopped
- 1/4 C. green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 C. celery finely chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 C. Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 large lime
- For some extra spice add 2 fresh jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into patties. I like to coat the outside of the patty with a little more breadcrumbs before I fry them. I fry mine in a little bit of olive oil, but the choice of oil is up to you. I would say about a 1/4 cup. Heat oil to medium heat in a large skillet. Fry until outside becomes golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!