Santa Fe Stew
- 1 pound ground beef Saute’
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 can corn
- 1 medium onion chop & saute
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 2 cans Pinto beans
- 1 can Kidney beans
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 package Taco seasoning mix
- 1 package Ranch salad dressing
- 8 C chicken broth
- Saute’ onion, ground meat, peppers–drain off fat. In Dutch oven place all remaining ingredients. Add sauteed onions, ground beef and peppers. Simmer for several hours –add water if too thick. May use crock-pot. Stew can be frozen and used at a later date. Serve with salad and crusty bread.
- It is not necessary to drain any of the liquid out of the cans. In other words, just dump everything into one pot and heat.
- Can add carrots or any other vegetable you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!