Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4-6 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion white or yellow
- 2 gloves minced garlic
- 2 – 16 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- First prepare peppers for stuffing by cutting off cap and removing seeds and any extraneous pulp from inside pepper. Save top to place on top of stuffed pepper. Rinse peppers and set aside.
- Lightly brown onions in a skillet using olive oil or butter. Add garlic to onions and cook for approximately 2 more minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chop meat, onions and garlic mixture and rice. Stuff each pepper with the meat/rice mixture and then place upright in 6 quart sauce pot (or pot large enough to hold all the peppers standing side by side.)
- Add cans of tomato sauce to cover peppers. Cover pot and cook on low-medium heat for approximately 2 hours. Check peppers every 15 – 20 minutes to make sure they aren’t sticking to pot. Peppers are cooked when fork tender.
- To serve split the pepper in half and add sauce from the pot. Great served with hot french or Italian bread and butter!!!
- If you have more meat than can fit in the peppers, fill a small Pyrex dish with mixture and bake in the oven. Add a little sauce and serve like meatloaf.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!